Franklin County government is managed by a County Administrator who is appointed by and works at the direction of the Board of County Commissioners. The County Administrator is the Chief Administrative Officer responsible for the management of the human resources functions of the county including the county pay plan, personnel rules and regulations, and the recruitment and employment of county employees. In addition, the County Administrator is responsible for the:
- Preparation of the agenda for all County Commission meetings.
- Attending Commission meetings and advising and making recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on matters within his or her administrative authority.
- Shall serve as, or designate, a purchasing officer for the County operations in accordance with Kansas Statutes, and guidelines and purchasing rules and regulations adopted by the County Commission.
- Shall be responsible for directing the maintenance and care of County property.
- Prepare and propose an annual County budget to the Board of County Commissioners and be responsible for the administration of the adopted budget.
- Prepare, or direct preparation of plans, policy statements, manuals, contracts and other documents to be submitted to the County Commission for approval.
- Serve as the County representative on boards and commissions as required by the County Commission, interact with other public jurisdictions and their representatives, legislative groups and news media as official representative of Franklin County, subject to the directives of the County Commission.
- Make recommendations to the County Commission on County policy.
Department GoalsThe principle objective of Human Resources is to serve Franklin County by creating an environment for a committed and motivated workforce and by encouraging equal opportunity employment while maintaining county compliance with employment laws and providing quality customer service.
EmploymentFranklin County is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, disability, political affiliation, national origin, age, or any other protected class. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
ApplyIndividuals who wish to be considered for employment by Franklin County may find an application for employment online or may obtain an application for employment at the County Administration Office. The application may be submitted electronically or submitted directly to the Administration Office. Applicants may visit our job center for current employment opportunities.
Franklin County will assist persons who may be experiencing discrimination in housing on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, age, familial status or handicap. If you feel that you have been discriminated against for any of these reasons, call the numbers on the hotline.
FAIR HOUSING HOTLINE
Housing Discrimination Hotline 1.800.669.9777
KS Human Rights Commission 913.296.3206
Franklin County 785.229.3410