I Want To...
Click to Home

Go To Search
Connect with Us
Noxious Weeds\Hazardous Waste
About the Noxious Weeds Department

The Franklin County Noxious Weed is to assist in the control of noxious weed in Franklin County. The assistance may be by recommending control methods approved by the State, sale of herbicides, and sprayer rental.

The County's control of noxious weeds are on County and State right-of-ways only. The herbicide products sold can only be purchased for use on land in Franklin County. Franklin County is licensed to sell herbicides for Noxious Weed Control Only. There are primarily four noxious weeds found in Franklin County:  Field Bindweed, Johnson Grass, Musk Thistle, Sericea Lespedeza.  The sites below give a general description of the weeds, plus methods of control and pictures.

Hazardous Waste
The Franklin County Hazardous Waste is located at 2017 S. Elm Street at the Noxious Weed building and is responsible for the proper discarding of many dangerous and potentially harmful chemicals and products.

Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 3:30pm

We CAN accept:
  • Paint, Stains, Wood Preservatives
  • Household Chemicals & Cleaners
  • Pool Chemicals
  • All Rechargeable Batteries (ie. Lithium, NiCd)
  • Farm Chemicals
  • Florescent Light Bulbs
  • Oil
  • Antifreeze
  • Transmission Fluid

We CANNOT Accept:
  • Explosives
  • Ammunition
  • Infections and Radioactive Waste (This includes Sharps diabetic needles)
  • Gas Cylinders
  • Asbestos

Office Hours
  Mon-Fri  7am-3:30pm

2017 South Elm
Ottawa, KS 66067
Phone: (785)229-3170
Fax:     (785)229-3178
Email Us