I Want To...
Click to Home

Go To Search
Connect with Us
Road and Bridge Department Highway Permits
Ryan Fine
1939 S. Elm St.
Ottawa, KS  66067
Phone:  (785) 229-3163
Fax: (785) 229-3168

  • A permit is required for ANY work performed in the right-of-ways in Franklin County (applications are available at the Public Works Department Office, 1428 S. Main St., Suite #5, Ottawa, KS or you can download the application in pdf format by clicking here).
  • Each permit must be completely filled out.
  • A diagram of the intended project must accompany the permit.
  • A map indicating the work area must be attached.
  • The permit must be submitted, allowing time for approval, before the start of the project.
  • The contractor is responsible for contacting Franklin County Utilities at (785) 229-3163 a minimum of 24 hours before the start of the project.
  • The contractor, or his representative, must have a copy of the approved permit on site at all times.
  • The contractor is responsible for contacting Franklin County Utilities before the completion of the project.
  • If it becomes necessary to make changes to a permit, written notice must be received at this office and approved before any changes can be made at the site.
  • All signing, i.e. "Men Working", etc. shall be properly displayed on each project.  The "Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices" is to be followed.
  • After a project is completed, the easement shall be returned to as good as, or better, condition than it was before the start of the project.  Completed projects will be inspected and the contractor notified if any additional cleanup is needed.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above, please contact the office at the number listed above.

Office Hours
  Mon-Fri  8am-5pm

1428 South Main, Suite 5
Ottawa, KS 66067
Phone: (785) 229-3550
Email Us

David Lee.jpg
David Lee
Public Works Director