I Want To...
Click to Home

Go To Search
Connect with Us
Homestead Tax Refund
To Qualify...

                   Property Tax Refund form

    You were born before January 1, 1958; or

    You were totally and permanently disabled or blind for the entire year of 2013; or

    You have a dependent child who lived with you the entire year and was born before
    January 1, 2010, and was under the age of 18 all of 2013.

    You are a disabled veteran (50% or more disability), or the surviving spouse of a disabled veteran who has not remarried, or the surviving spouse of an active duty military personnel who died in the line of duty and not remarried.

"Household income" is generally all taxable and non-taxable income received by all members of the household.


How can I use my expected homestead refund to help pay up to the first half of my property tax?

Homeowners who received a homestead refund last year and do not have any outstanding balances with the Kansas Department of Revenue and who checked the Advancement Box on the 2009 return are eligible for an Advancement.  The advancement information was sent electronically to the County Treasurers Office and may appear on your 2008 property tax statement.  IMPORTANT: You must file a Homestead Refund Claim, for K-40H between January 1, 2014 and April 15, 2014.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -

Forms are available from the Kansas Department of Revenue, driver's license exam stations, and other places of convenience throughout the State.  Forms may also be ordered from the department's voicemail forms request line at 785-296-4937 or download from www.ink.org/public/kdor.

Assistance and additional information on these tax refunds and credit are available from the Kansas Department of Revenue, Docking State Office Building, 915 SW Harrison Street, 1st Floor, Topeka, Kansas 66625.  In Topeka call 368-8222, outside Topeka call toll free 1-877-526-7738, Hearing-impaired TTY call 785-296-6461.  Information and forms are also available from the department's webpage at www.ink.org/public/kdor.

Office Hours
  Mon-Fri  8am-4:30pm

315 South Main
Ottawa, KS 66067

Phone: (785)229-3450

Fax:     (785)229-3464

Debbie Hough
County Treasurer

Jody Edwards
Deputy County Treasurer