Transporting Large Structure/s Permit Instructions:
- Notify Road & Bridge the day before the move at (785) 229-3161 or fax (785) 229-3168
- The permit shall be carried in the moving vehicle and shall be available for inspection. The permit application is available in the Public Works Department Office or you can download the permit application in pdf format by clicking here.
- Mover is responsible for traffic control and damage to public and private property. All signs moved in order to clear wide loads should be reset immediately after passage of the load. Any trees or limbs cut to allow passage of load shall be disposed of by the mover.
- Mover should notify the County immediately after completion. The County will inspect the route and repair any damage caused by the move that was not repaired. The costs will be paid by the mover.
- The costs will be billed to the mover and the insurance company.
- All moves are to be made during good weather and road conditions, and not to be scheduled during morning and evening peak traffic periods.
The Moving Permit Application is available at the Public Works Department Office or you can download the application in pdf format by clicking here.