Lost Plates

Our phone number is 785-229-3455.
Email the Motor Vehicle Department 
Our fax number is 785-229-3461.

Lost\Stolen Plates

Contact the Police Department or the Franklin County Sheriff's Office to file a report.

Bring the report to our office with a case number.

The registered owner will need to present proper identification (driver's license, current proof of insurance, and either the registration, title, or plate number which was lost/stolen to their local Motor Vehicle Office. The replacement fee is $4.00.

A Power of Attorney form will need to be completed in order for an individual to replace a lost/stolen plate for the registered owner.