Social Media User Guidelines
The purpose of this document is to establish guidelines that are intended to help facilitate and enhance the exchange of information and ideas through the Franklin County, KS – Government page and affiliated social media accounts (i.e. Franklin County-KS Sheriff's Office, Franklin County Emergency Management, KS, Franklin County Attorney's Office, and the Franklin County Health Department.).
Citizens are welcome to share their opinions and feedback on all Franklin County, KS, social media platforms. Any comment posted by a member of the public is the opinion of the commentator and its publication on such page shall not imply endorsement of or agreement by the county. Comments/content that violates the following guidelines will be removed.
The use of social media properties established by the County is not intended to and does not create an open public forum. As such, each page shall have, in a place visible to the public or accessible by link, a notice that comments containing any of the following forms of content could be removed or hidden by County staff:
- Comments not related to the topic of the original post
- Profane language or content
- Sexual content or content constituting sexual harassment
- Solicitations of commerce or advertisements including promotion or endorsement
- Promotion or endorsement of political issues, groups, individuals or candidates
- Conducts or encourages illegal activity
- Contains information that may compromise the safety or security of the public, public systems, the county, its employees or elected officials.
- Defamatory remarks, personal attacks, or threats against any individual person, group or organization
- False, vicious or malicious statements concerning any employee
- Contains violent or threatening content
- Violates a legal ownership interest of any party, such as trademark or copyright infringement
- Discloses confidential or proprietary information
- Content that is repetitive or duplicative
- Any uncivil content that is not listed herein but is otherwise inconsistent with the spirit of the civility of these guidelines.
Franklin County reserves the right to temporarily or permanently ban users who repeatedly violate the above civility expectations from any of its social media properties.