Southeast Kansas Multi-County Health Departments work with child care providers in Allen, Anderson, Franklin, Greenwood, Linn and Woodson counties. For more information call 785-448-6559.
Are you looking for a child care provider?
Before selecting a child care facility, families may do a provider compliance history check using the Kansas Child Care and Early Education Portal at the Child Care and Early Education Portal.
You might also want to check out Child Care Aware® of Kansas. Child Care Aware is the administrator of the statewide Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) network in Kansas. They help to:
- Ensure that families have access to affordable, high-quality child care
- Provide checklists and other print resources, seminars and personal assistance to help parents make informed choices
- Advocate for positive changes that impact the lives of children and families
- Information on financial assistance for families that might not otherwise be able to afford high quality child care.
For more information on child care providers in Kansas visit the ChildCare Aware of Kansas website.
Are you thinking about becoming a child care provider?
Prior to applying for a license you must first contact the Child Care Licensing Surveyor for your county to complete the orientation process. The orientation process must be completed before applying online. Call the Anderson County Health Department at 785-448-6559.
For more information on becoming a day care provider visit the Child Care Aware of Kansas website. They offer many opportunities and valuable support for providers and staff including:
- Personal support such as FREE business support, tips on marketing strategies, onsite topic-driven visits, and an online virtual tour of your program.
- FREE information including a bi-monthly newsletter, lending library resources, and low cost training opportunities.
- Opportunities to connect with others in the field, including peer learning community meetings and Facebook and Twitter posts.
Visit their website at Child Care Aware of Kansas.
Kansas Child Care Training Opportunities (KCCTO)
Kansas Child Care Training Opportunities, Inc. (KCCTO) is a state-wide training office dedicated to providing quality, accessible, professional development opportunities to family child care providers, child care center staff, and other early education professionals throughout Kansas.
Find the training you want here! Health Department Home